In 2017, April Alford and Bethany Ramsey teamed up to create a bike event for Bike Month.
We had 3 goals in mind:
1) Bring together the underserved demographic of Black women in and around Dayton for Bike Month
2) Promote the vitality and vibrancy of downtown
3) Support locally owned businesses
We created a route that would take our first 10 participants to notable places Downtown Dayton for a fun, social and wellness focused experience.
We also partnered with Link Dayton to encourage people who didn’t have bike to join us.
After two years or organizing, we realized we were onto something! We’ve taken steps to grow the event each year and this year will be no different.
- Added 20 new participants
- Added new locations
- Started tour at Link Dayton Bike Hub
- 50 total participants
- Expand volunteer team to include 5 bike guides
- Sponsorships and mini wellness fair
We are excited to continue to grow and expand BGB and if you’re interested in participating, volunteering and/or sponsoring please contact us.